Monday, November 17, 2008

Response to Michaels post

Since my son has decided to forbid me from being around him or his wife and my grandchild. Here is a link to his post:http://www.michaelandjaspenelle.com/archive/2008/11/16/propostion-8-and-hate

This is the reply that I wrote to him, but he will probably not allow it to be posted so I put it here for any who wishes to see.

I am not against gays or have any hatred toward them. I am for children and the childs rights. I am just as against sex outside of marriage, adultry, selfishness within the marriage that causes abuse and the fighting, divorce, and any other thing that takes away from the child the right to have the love of it’s biological parents there for them as much as possible. When 2 men or 2 women are biologically capable of having a child, then I will be for them marrying. Marriage isn’t only about love, many cultures love doesn’t even have to be a part of it. But love can be a part of every marriage when the 2 involved make that choice and then it increases the value of the marriage tremendously. Marriage is not about the two adults needing protection by giving them all those rights. It is about the potential children that could be born into that marriage and protecting those childrens’ rights in the case of death or divorce or selfishness, etc.
So continue to hate me if you will, but my doors will always be open to you and your family. I will continue to respect all people even if I don’t agree with their behaviors. I have nothing against gays receiving many of those rights you listed in other ways as needed for protection in their own particular situation. so do what you have to do, but I will not be blackmailed into giving up my religion or my values.

3 comments:

Jaspenelle Jovian said...

Why wouldn't he post your reply? If anything yours is the one reply he expects to here whether it is what he wants to hear or not.

Naomi said...

I'm sorry that you are going through this with your son. I wish there was some way that I could help. The only advice I can offer is to stand by what you know to be true and most importantly keep loving your son and his family. Perhaps one day he can understand the difference between loving a person and agreeing with a person completely. Good luck with this!

kss said...

Thanks Mimi!